Connect to AD domain as a different user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect to AD domain as a different user

I need to connect to a new domain with a different username and password. I know I can connect to a specific server with Logon As, but can I connect to the entire domain using a specific login?

If not, then do I need to add each individual server from the other domain and set the Logon As for each server?

Thank you.

Re: Connect to AD domain as a different user

Hyena has no way at this time to pass different credentials to an AD domain. Your best bet would be to use the Run As feature in Windows. We recently added a feature that shows the user you are running Hyena with in the status bar at the top. This also shows when you hover over the minimized icon at the bottom of your screen. So, you can have multiple instances of Hyena running and assuming you use different account names for each domain you can quickly know which session to maximize.

Comment

I attempted to use different credentials to run Hyena, but I received the following error.

C:\Program Files\Hyena\Hyena.exe
      The parameter is incorrect.

I couldn't find the command line options in the help file, at least not yet.

Comment

It's not a command line switch, but rather Windows gives you this option when you right-click on an exe and choose Run As.

Comment

I agree that the Run As is not for Hyena, but since I cannot see how it is being called, I'm puzzled as to why I'm getting invavlid command line arguments for Hyena.

I'll run it through some other trials.

Thank you.
          Pete

Comment

I'm not sure that this message was responded to properly. When you are running Hyena through the Run-As, are you just running hyena.exe ? This error does not appear to be a Hyena error. Let us know when you get it and verify the title bar in the error message. Also, make sure that you can just go to the same directory and run hyena.exe.
            Kevin Stanush
            SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

You also need to remember that Hyena installs information into each user's profile, specific for that user.

You will most likely need to log on to your workstation one time with the user credentials that you intend to user later with a RUNAS. Once logged in, go through the steps to register Hyena under that user's profile (although, remember, licensing for Hyena is per Administrator, so you may have an issue there).

Then log out, log back in as yourself.

Create a copy of the Start Menu item to launch Hyena on your Desktop.

Right-click the newly created desktop icon and select Run As...

Enter the credentials of the other account.

You will probably need to add the new domain information (you may want to do this in the previous step while logged on as the other user).

Hope this helps!

Joel

Comment

Working...
              X