Group Policy Management snap-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy Management snap-in

I've installed the GPM Snap-in for use with the Active Directory Users and Computers admin tool. When right clicking on an OU and going to the Group Policy tab, I then have a button to launch the GPM Snap-in.

Can Hyena launch this snap-in, instead of the normal Group Policy object link list that the Admin tool uses by default?

Re: Group Policy Management snap-in

I don't have that snap-in loaded to test this for sure, but I believe our new beta version might do this for you.

You can join the beta by sending a blank email to [email protected]. Once you download and install it, you can right-click on the domain or an OU and see the Group Policy tab.

Comment

Sorry, that's [email protected]

Comment

Just so I'm clear.. The current Hyena does do the group policy tab that is the default of the Users & Computers admin tool.. The beta supports the optional Group Policy Management snap-in that is downloaded from Microsoft?

Comment

The current version of Hyena that you have has an OU properties dialog that we developed to look just like Microsoft's. But its not MIcrosoft's dialog, its ours. Therefore, it won't have anything customized that gets added when you install the GPMC. Our beta now displays the same dialog that Microsoft uses for the properties of an OU, and when you go to the Group Policy tab, you will see the same button to launch the GPMC.

I'm not sure if Hyena can directly launch the GPMC. I'll install it later to see if we can perform any integration. More likely, Microsoft did not design it to integrate with anything, but I'll verify.
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

That answers my question, actually. I just wanted to make sure the GPMC was accessable over the default tool. I'll definately look into the beta version, that being the case. Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work on your application.

Comment

Let us know how this new integration works for you. I installed the GPMC and it worked fine for me. There does not, however, appear to be a way to integrate the GPMC with Hyena as the nodes and interfaces that the GPMC adds appear to be specific to its own console.
              Kevin Stanush
              SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X