Unresolved SID's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unresolved SID's

When displaying group members in Hyena, it appears that unresolved SID's for users that have been deleted are being filtered out. Is it possible to view this information to assist in cleaning up these entries?

Re: Unresolved SID's

Can you give us more details on what you are trying to accomplish? In most cases deleted SID entries are hidden from Hyena, and if Hyena does come across any it hides them as well.

Comment

When reviewing local acl's I often come across SID's for users that have been deleted or moved/changed/etc when using the builtin tools. I would like to be able to see these entries in Hyena (or exporter) so that I can remove them en masse.

Comment

Tell us exactly what steps you are using to view these ACLs in Hyena. We can't determine what you are looking at as there are hundreds of dialogs in Hyena.

The convention is to hide deleted SIDs in all GUI interfaces. Displaying them would only cause problems in other areas. I believe that there are free utilities (ie SID cleaners) out there that can remove deleted SIDs from ACLs.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

This is exactly my point. I cannot see these entries in Hyena, as it appears that they are filtered out. I need to be able to clean up ACL's on a regular basis, and it would be much easier to be able to view them in Hyena and remove them, rather than go through the tedious process of running WMI queries, pumping to a data base, listing each one individually, going to each server, into the MSC, well, you get my point. Can this be done? Is there a way to turn off this filter, even temporarily? Can exporter do this? Perhaps if can get the info from exporter, I can script the removal.

Thanks for helping...

Comment

But I need to know what action(s) you are taking in Hyena to see the ACE listing so that I can determine what view you are looking at. Then I can determine if the dialog is one that Hyena does not supply, or if its a view that we can change to show deleted SIDs.
            Kevin Stanush

Comment

Actually, one of my guys pointed out to me (he's reading my posts) that what we are doing right now is reviewing the user rights on the servers for unresolved SID's. In the left window selecting the server, then User Rights, then looking at SeBatchLogonRight shows 4 entries in Hyena, but we have twelve unresolved sid's showing up when we look at the Local Security Settings gui (Local Policies - User Rights Assignment - Log on as a batch job)

Comment

I don't see a way to change Hyena's GUI as there isn't any dialog where I could add an option to "Show deleted SIDs" or something. The only way to clean them up would be to show them on Hyena's user rights management dialog, and that creates a problem as we have no way of managing SIDs, only existing users and groups.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.
                Kevin Stanush

Comment

Well, thanks for trying. Great product though. I have been using it since (I think) version 3.

Comment

Working...
                  X