Move computer account based on subnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move computer account based on subnet

How can I move the computer accounts located at the computers default container to the correct OU. Each OU in my domain have a different subnet. I have more than 700 computers to be moved within 10 OUS. I could could that manually if I had each computer IP address. But isn't there a better way to that?

Re: Move computer account based on subnet

You can use Exporter Pro to create a file with the IP addresses for the computers, but it looks like you'll have to manually do the moves. You can move multiple objects between OUs, but you'll have to find them and select them by hand because there doesn't appear to be a way to import this list and still have the AD Move function available.

Comment

Whats the easiest way to get a list with only the host name and IP address. And what about old computer accounts???Thanks

Comment

Select your domain or OU in Hyena, then go to Tools->Exporter Pro->Export Selected Objects. Click the Settings button and configure the Network Settings(TCP/IP) export. It will export more than just name and IP, so your choices are to either open the output file with Excel and delete the columns you don't want, or use the Customize Output Columns option.

Comment

Working...
        X