CSV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSV

I want to export user information from the AD in a CSV format. I would then import it into excel. Is this possible?

Re: CSV

Yes, there are two ways to do it:

1. Anything in Hyena's right window can be copied to the clipboard and pasted directly into Excel. Once you have something in the right window, select what you want or Control-A, then Control-C.

2. Exporter Pro (Tools->Exporter Pro) can export nearly anything to a delimited file. There are several AD templates that are provided as a starting point.

If you have any questions or problems getting started, let us know.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Thank for the information. Here is what I'm trying to do. I have a container (lakewood) with OU's (USB Support Users) with OU's under that (desktop support) Example: Lakewood\USB Support Users\Desktop Support and helpdesk I need to export most of the user information so I can get it into Excel. and still keeping what OU it is from. Is this possible?

Comment

Click on the main top-level OU in Hyena. On the bottom of the window, click the first toolbar button (Traverse Containers) so that its in the 'down' position. If you just want users, click the Red 'up' button, then click the users button so that its the only one down.

Then, right click on the main top-level OU again, select Tabular Views->OU (Summary). This will get you your data.

To change the OU Summary query to have other fields, click on the first toolbar button, then AD Queries. Select the 'Container/OU' query type and then select the query name with the display format as Tabular and the output window as the 'Results' window. Add the fields that you want and then just rerun the query as I indicated above.

You can also use Exporter Pro to do the same thing, but doing it interactively is easier I think.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X