Disp Space utilisation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disp Space utilisation

I'm trying to look at disk space utilisation on a domain that I'm VPN'ed to.

Before I start, I picked one of the servers in the domain and used the "Logon As" option to log on to it.

When I try the disp space for the group of servers, Hyena seems to just sit there, cycling through looking for shares server by server. It doesn't come back with any data at all.

When I go through it manually, server by server, I find that I have to use the "Logon As" option individually for each serverm, otherwise I don't get any data back. (I've tried looking at the shares on each server, and unless I use the "Logon As" option seperately on each server, I get Access Denied. I guess this is the reasion that looking at the disk space doesn't work.)

I'm using Hyena 6.2 from a Windows XP machine. The domain I'm looking at is NT4, and the servers are a mixture of NT4 and Win2K.

I'm new to Hyena.

Any thoughts?

Dave

Re: Disp Space utilisation

You have to have enough permissions to access the admin shares (C$, D$, E$, etc) on a computer to get drive space information. When you use the Logon As function you are simply creating an IPC$ connection between your computer and the one you selected, none of the others.

The best option would be to actually logon to that domain from your computer, or use the Run As feature of Windows to start Hyena with credentials for that domain. Doing either of these should give you the appropriate permissions to get this for anything in the domain.

Comment

That was a quick reply!

I can't logon to the domain directly because I don't have access to it until the VPN is running, by which time I've already had to log on.

Unfortunately it would appear that the VPN is set up not to pass the traffic associated with "RUNAS". I just get a 1326 Logon failure when I try it. If I take remote control of one of the servers in the target domain, the RUNAS command works fine, but I don't have Hyena on any of these machines. It would kind of defeat the purpose anyway.

Doesn't look like this is going to go anywhere.

Dave

Comment

Try this, see if you can set the logon option for your vpn client. Then when you hit ctrl-alt-del it pops up with the vpn dialer. Then make the vpn connection first. Then logon your machine. This fully authenticates your workstation on the domain and should fix that problem.

Comment

Working...
        X