Computer Last Login view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Last Login view

I'm trying to clean out many old computer accounts in my Windows 2003 domain. I was able to view all my computer accounts and export information to an excel spreadsheet. The data that is exported is helpful but I was hoping that I would be able to see the last time that the computer was logged on to, if I right click on each computer and look at the properties I'm able to get this information from the object tab but when you're talking about thousands of accounts that is time consuming.

So my question is, is it possible to add a column to the display so that I can include the last time the computer was logged on to so I can see it at a glance in my excel spreadsheet?

Thank you

Kevin

Re: Computer Last Login view

Expand your domain and find the Computers object. Right-click on it and choose Tabular Views->Computer(Detailed). In the right window let me know if you have a column for Last Logon. If not I will give you instructions on how to add it.

Comment

Hi thank you for the fast response. I followed your instructions and there is no column for last login.

Regards,

Kevin

Comment

To add it go to File->Manage Object View->AD Queries. Change the Query Type to Computers and click on Computer(Detailed). Change the Attribute Category in the lower right to User Attributes. Beneath that click on Last Logon and click Add, then click OK to save the change.

Rerun the query and you should see the Last Logon column.

Comment

Thanks that worked. Next question, for a more accurate view is it possible to for Hyena to query every domain controller in our organization in a single shot for the computer's last logon information? When I do my search it seems to only search one of our domain controllers, and a colleague of mine is also running Hyena is getting a different result since he is connected to another DC.

Thanks,
          Kevin

Comment

Unfortunately there is no way to have it query all controllers for this information. You will need to query against each controller individually.

Comment

Working...
            X