Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Logs - Filtering NT4/2000/XP Events

Hello,

I guess I have a question as to the filtering of events in Hyena again. (http://www.systemtools.com/HyenaBoar...ML/000163.html)

Currently we are still running NT4 Server, but soon will start to upgrade them to 2003 Server. Right now we have a 2003 server and 2000 server running. Now when I start pulling events from the 2000/2003 servers, (Filtering 8:30am to 8:30 next day only errors, warnings, and audit failures), using the NT4 workstation with Hyena on it I'm constantly checking to make sure the events are not skewed as I have seen them when pulling with the XP machine from the events of the NT4 servers, because of DLL conflicts.

dumpevt only supports windows 2000 correct? Will Exporter Pro allow me to filter the events? Once all our servers are upgraded would it be easier to use the WMI function in the enterprise version? (Currently we have Standard) [Will the WMI Event Logs be available in a new realese? :-) ]

Any Suggestions? Maybe I'm just jumping the gun and possibly won't have much problems after we've upgraded. I'd prefer to stick with pulling from Hyena, but I can look elsewhere.

Re: Event Logs - Filtering NT4/2000/XP Events

Exporter Pro will allow you to filter events through WMI. You don't need the Enterprise version of Hyena to use this function in Exporter Pro.

Comment

Yes, but can I filter these events with Exporter Pro or will I have to do that after it has exported to a file?

Comment

When you edit the Event Logs WMI export you will see a box labeled WMI 'Where' Clause. That is where you will specify the conditions that you want.

Comment

Working...
        X