Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyena ignoring my OU's?

Version 4.5C

I'm managing a number of domains and so far things are going well with things like managing printers, resetting passwords, etc.

We've recently tried creating/copying accounts and are having some problems with OUs - under each domain we have a number of OUs set up for locations, type of users, etc. When I copy a user, the new account is appearing in the Users OU instead of the original user's OU.

How can I get the program to recognise all my OUs? All I can see is the default ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Hyena ignoring my OU's?

When you copy or create a user you can specify which OU to create the new user in. When copying an existing user Hyena will use the same path as the user being copied, unless you change it.

Comment

I've copied an existing account, but it's not creating it in the same OU as the original. Where can I specify OU on an account? I can't find a tab for that - the closest one is Object but the full directory path shows as "LDAP://x.x.x.x/CN=username,CN=Users,DC=aaa,DC=bbb,DC=ccc" instead of the full directory path of the original user. It's greyed out so I can't manually enter the path.

Comment

I don't have 4.5 installed, so maybe that is the issue. If so you may need to upgrade. One quick thing to check first, though, is to go to File->Manage Object View and click on your domain. Make sure it is set as a Windows 2000/2003 Domain. If not, change it to that and see if you get a Create In box when you copy a user. This would be where you would specify the OU and path.

Comment

Changing to Windows 2000 domain and specifying the ADSI Path as LDAP:\\x.x.x.x seems to have solved the problem - thanks heaps for all your help

Comment

Working...
          X