Using Hyena to remove old WS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Hyena to remove old WS

I have read the post RE using last password change to remove computers but we have WS that the password doesn't change and they are running services critical to operations.

Is there a way to generate a list of old password changes and then ping them to actually see if they are on or not.

I have 7564 WS objects and about 4000 are dead to the world

Re: Using Hyena to remove old WS

When you display them in the right window you can select (shift-click) the computers that look to be dead based on the password date, then do a Ctrl-c to open the Copy List Window. Save that to a delimited file, open it with Excel and add a column to use the command line PING command. Redirect each line to an output file with >>output.log and save it as a .bat file.

Then just run the .bat and edit the output.log file when finished.

Comment

THANK YOU< THANK YOU< THANK YOU
      worked perfect

We are a new customer and I appreciate how fast you replied

Comment

I just noticed that under computers, 3 of my exchange servers shown up and my NAS servers.

They are in both the computers and servers folders.

Is there a way to fix this?

Comment

The Servers folder is built by querying the Windows Browse List for all servers. The Computers folder consists of all computer accounts from your domain. So, you should see servers in the computers folder by virtue of the fact that they have computer accounts.

Comment

Working...
          X