Connect to server in DMZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connect to server in DMZ

I have opened ports 137,138,139 for UDP and still cannot connect to a Win2K server that is in the DMZ. The firewall is a Smoothwall v3.0 and when opening pinholes you have to specify both IP addresses, which I have done. I can ping the IP address, Hyena says it can ping the IP address. It says occasionally that the RPC server is unavailable. Hyena running on Dell worksation running fully patched Windows XP with SP1. Hyena can see all other pcs/servers in the local domain fine. The server in the DMZ is NOT a member of the domain, it is a standalone running SQL and Web. SQL Enterrpise manager connects just fine from two admin workstations!

Any idea please?

Chris

Re: Connect to server in DMZ

Go to File->Manage Object View and click on the object you created for this server. Is the Computer Path the name of the computer or the IP? If you have the name in there, change it to the IP address, click Update and then OK.

See if you get the error that way.

Comment

Re: Connect to server in DMZ

The IP address is there. I am investigating further as I just downloaded Portqry and it tells me that the ports are not open despite my having opened them both ways in the firewall. The only other possibility is that my hardening of the web server has closed these ports and/or disabled the services. I used the IIS lockdown tool.

Comment

Working...
      X