Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to allow my Helpdesk Add/Modify/Delete Users and Contacts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to allow my Helpdesk Add/Modify/Delete Users and Contacts.

Hello,
    I need to allow my Helpdesk Team to Add/Delete/Modify Users and Contacts in Active Directory. Does anyone know of a way to only see certian functions in Hyena? I know there is a way in "Manage Object View" under the Nodes tab to only show certian folders but that can be changed back by the helpdesk team. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
    Thanks in Advance!!

RR

Re: Need to allow my Helpdesk Add/Modify/Delete Users and Contacts.

That would be about the only way. After you've used Nodes to disable the items you don't want them to see, you can try setting security on the file called ad_nodes.dat. Set it to read only and if they go in and change it, the changes won't save so they will still see what you configured for them.

Comment

Thanks for the Quick response. I will give it a shot and will post back here to let you know if it works!!

RR

PS. What a great SYSTEM this is!!

Comment

I tried changing the file to Read Only and it did not work. Do you think there is any other way? There is no way to re-distribute Hyena with only certian functions?
        I hope there is as I really would love to use this Program!
        Thanks

RR

Comment

Can you give more details on what you did to test this. I did it just now by setting my ad_nodes.dat file to Read Only, went in and made a change and it didn't keep that change when I exited Object Manager.

Object Manager has to write any changes to this file, and if it is read only, there is no way it can write the change.

Comment

Hello,
            Thanks for the quick responses!! I did the exact same thing you did and when I exited and went back in all the changes I made saved! It does seem wierd, I would think if the file was Read Only it wouldn't write anything to it!! Would it matter if I had both Domain Admin and Local Admin acces on my computer? Is there any other files i should make Read Only? Thanks Again!!

RR

Comment

Search your drive for all instances of ad_nodes.dat and verify that you don't have multiple instances of it. If so, make sure you are setting read only on the right one.

Also, go to Tools->Settings->General and make sure you are using shared settings. If this is the case, you will need to set this security on the shared copy of that file.

Comment

Ohhh I feel stupid now!! I didn't realize that the ad_* files were also in my Profile!! I changed that one to Read Only and it works like a charm!! Wow thank you very much for your support!! This just makes the purchasing Decision soo much easier as I know we can get support for this product!! Thanks again!!

RR

Comment

Working...
                X