Scheduling reports Using Exporter Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling reports Using Exporter Pro

All, I need to schedule a report to go monthly that contains information on the users of an NT 4 domain last logon. I have already been able to export the data, Now I just need it to actually open a document and possibly email the data found. Does anyone know how to export this information? It looks like you have to edit an INI file and then i add it to the AT scheduler but i don't see anywhere the syntax to perform such a task. Please advise

Re: Scheduling reports Using Exporter Pro

What you'll do is create a batch file that runs stexport.exe. The syntax for this can be found in Exporter Pro's help file under the Command Line Usage section.

Comment

I found that... Thanks for your reply. I attempted to enter the information and run it from the command prompt, I continue to get errors. My ini file is called HYENA_EXPORT.INI and here is the command I used
      "stexport.exe /CONFIG=Path\HYENA_EXPORT.INI"
      Which gave me the error "Missing "Objectfile" setting in the configuration file. The object file path and name must be set uner Configuration->Properties->General.

Any ideas?

Comment

If you edit your ini file, what is the value for ObjectFile=?

Comment

Ok, i have the command line syntax working, but now I am trying to run an export on a remote domain and save the export to a remote drive. All of this works from the command line but when it is in the AT scheduler, it fails, the file doesn't even get written and NO ENTRIES in the eventlog....hmmm

Comment

Not sure on that one, but some thoughts:

Make sure the account that the scheduler is running under has permissions to run Exporter, that it can write to that drive, that the drive exists for that account, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X