Tools in Hyena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools in Hyena

I am confused. We are using the "Shared Settings" option in Hyena to use a common interface etc. For the most part it works like a charm.

With the tools - On my computer I have evrything showing up just perfectly. (I typically add the tools). I know that it uses the TOOL_CMDS.DAT file in the share directory. Previously it used the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adkins Resource\Hyena\Customize registry key - I assume that this is now redundant?

For some users, their tools are still pointing to this registry entry as they are not getting the updated tools?

Most are running 5.7 - I have the latest 6.0 beta.

Any ideas for me?

[This message has been edited by PGPhantom (edited 05-13-2004).]

Re: Tools in Hyena

Hyena v5.7 uses the registry, but v6.0 uses the file. The registry entries on your computer are redundant and not used, but if your file ever gets deleted, Hyena will recreate the TOOLS_CMD.DAT file from the registry entries, so the registry entries are a good "backup" of sorts for now.

If your other users start using the beta, you can all see the same tools.

But since this is a beta, let me know if that does not work as you expected.

Thanks
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

I just tested on a computer - I gave them the v6 beta files and it does indeed work. Next issue - How do I get all those modified tools back into my registry - Is there any easy way?

Comment

I'm not sure why you would want them back into the registry, but there isn't any easy way to do it. You will not that when the tools are updated a .BACKUP file is created.

Why do you want to put the commands back into the registry ?
        Kevin Stanush

Comment

Recovery but as you mentioned - A backup file is created.

A suggestion - Can it be added that you can have a tool under a specific menu but still maintain the CRL=F1 ability? E.g. My first tool is currently to connect to a server via remote admin = No proble as it is the first tool in the list. If I create a sub-menu and move that tool into the sub menu - It no longer has the CTRl-F1 ability.

Comment

At this time, we don't have a way to assign a particular hotkey to a tool, as we would have to add a field to the tools file to let you specify what value to use. The only way to force a value is to position it where you want to.
            Kevin Stanush

Comment

Working...
            X