Use different credentials with Hyena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use different credentials with Hyena

How do I use Hyena and specify a user account to use when accessing information on the network. For example I have a non Domain laptop, that I want to be able to manage several other domains from. However each needs different domain admin logon info. I can sometimes get it to work by mapping a drive to the main DC in the domain using the domain admin credentials but it isn't reliable?? Is there a preference area where you can set the logon credentials for each domain?

Re: Use different credentials with Hyena

If these are Windows 2000 Domains, your best bet would be to create duplicate accounts in each domain that have the same username and password as the local account you are logging onto your laptop with. Windows will find the match and use those credentials to authenticate you.

Comment

Interesting. However it would be better if I could just use the credentials from an existing Domain Admin account. It would be too hard to try to get multiple Domain Admin accounts created with my same local credentials.

Thanks,
      Terry

Comment

Microsoft lacks any sort of "domain logon" mechanism in Active Directory, or Windows NT for that matter. While we will eventually attempt to create a domain-wide logon procedure, we are unsure at this time if it will work or when it will be available. Another option is to use the 'Run As' feature in Windows 2000/XP/2003, but it unfortunately gives you only one logon credential per domain at a time.

The other problem is that there isn't any secure way to store these alternate credentials, so you have to enter them each time.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X