Registry Find and Replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry Find and Replace

I need to update the LDAP server configuration in Outlook on all of my XP machines. The configuration is in the registry and is located in the MS Outlook default profile key. After I'd written a script to replace the REG_SZ value with our new, proper LDAP server, I realized that each subkey under under the Outlook default folder key is unique for every machine (and every LDAP server config)!

I know the root level key but not the name of the subkey to get at the value the value I need to replace. I need a .vbs script to find and replace the value.

Does anyone have anything prepped?

Re: Registry Find and Replace

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by 007:
    <span style="font-weight: bold">I need to update the LDAP server configuration in Outlook on all of my XP machines. The configuration is in the registry and is located in the MS Outlook default profile key. After I'd written a script to replace the REG_SZ value with our new, proper LDAP server, I realized that each subkey under under the Outlook default folder key is unique for every machine (and every LDAP server config)!

I know the root level key but not the name of the subkey to get at the value the value I need to replace. I need a .vbs script to find and replace the value.

Does anyone have anything prepped?</span></div></div>

Comment

Working...
    X