Local Admin Passwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Admin Passwords

I've read several "how to's" and since I'm a bit distracted with other projects could someone please give me the syntax on how to change ALL local admin passwords. I don't want to use the tool provided in the W2k resource kit if possible and I want to change them all throughout the domain. I have found MORE FUNCTIONS>SET ACCOUNT PASSWORD> and now I just need the syntax to do all LOCAL admin passwords. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Local Admin Passwords

You'll need to select your computers in Hyena's right window, then right-click and choose More Functions->Set Account Password.

Enter in the account you want to change, in this case Administrator, the new password and click OK.

Comment

That's not going to try to change the domain password will it. Thanks for the really quick response. I just started using Hyena so I really appreciate the support.

Thanks Bud. :-)

Comment

That's not going to try to change the domain password will it. Thanks for the really quick response. I just started using Hyena so I really appreciate the support.

Thanks Bud. :-)

Comment

It will only change the password for the local account that you specify, and only for the selected computers.

I'd recommend trying this on one or two computers to make sure you understand what the change does.

Comment

Can you add this feature to external object lists? What I have is all our servers in a dat file and I then load that dat - This separates our servers but If you have all the servers listed int he right pane - You cannot right click on them?

Comment

Never mind - I found the problem - I had a DC in the list and it stops you from doing that - Deselecting the DC enabled all the others to respond correctly.

Comment

Working...
              X