Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I export a share's folder NTFS Permissions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I export a share's folder NTFS Permissions?

Hi all,
    I have a bunch of servers with a bunch of shares. I need to export the NTFS permissions for the directories associated with the shares. I have tried cacls, hyena, Ideal Admin, pstools, etc.

Hyena and such seem to only show SHARE level permissions. Since most of the shares have Everyone-Full access that doesn't help me at all.

Any suggestions other than me manually clicking Properties/Security on every share, then Advanced and cut/pasting the accounts into a spreadsheet?

Thanks.

Re: How do I export a share's folder NTFS Permissions?

In Hyena you can get this by expanding your server in the left window, then double-click on Shares. In the right window select the shares you want this information on, then right-click and choose View NTFS Security. Choose Selected Objects Only and click OK.

When it is finished you can do a Ctrl-a to select all records, then a Ctrl-c to open the Copy List Window which will allow you to save the data to a file.

Comment

I blame my blindness on being blonde.

I stumbled across what you posted about 5 minutes before checking back here.

However, not all Share's folders are returned. I'm not sure why, only I know there are 42 shares on a server that the NTFS Permissions results only show 22.

Also, I've noticed that the Object Name is derived from the Folder's Properties General Tab Comment field. Such that a share called UBINDEX is shown as INDEXES. I can resolve that issue with Excel.

I'm now trying to figure out why some folders are left out though.

Comment

Do all of these shares point to directories on NTFS partitions?

Are you able to see permissions if you do each of them individually?

Comment

Yep, I can see the permissions if I select one share. It seems if I select more than 20 shares at once some get left out, almost randomly.

Comment

Can you send screen shot examples of this to [email protected]?

Comment

Working...
            X