Creating new objects in ADS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating new objects in ADS

I have mixed success creating new objects (users, computers, global groups)with Hyena v.4.7. Most often I get the error message 'Unable to initialize Active Directory interface;80040154'. Has anyone else run into this problem before? Any suggestions?

Re: Creating new objects in ADS

What OS are you running Hyena on?

Comment

I am running it on Windows XP Pro, SP1. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by cmccullough:
      <span style="font-weight: bold">What OS are you running Hyena on?</span></div></div>

Comment

You'll need to install the Admin Pack on your computer to give you the Server Administration tools, and the pieces that Hyena needs as well.

Comment

Do I find this on a resource kit? The servers are running Win2K, my machine runs WXP. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by cmccullough:
          <span style="font-weight: bold">You'll need to install the Admin Pack on your computer to give you the Server Administration tools, and the pieces that Hyena needs as well.</span></div></div>

Comment

You can find it on Microsoft's website. I believe it is called adminpak.msi, so go to their download section and do a search for that.

Comment

It can also be found on the Win2K Server disk under the i386 directory.

Comment

That does not work on a WindowsXP-Workstation. You have to use Windows2003 Adminpak.

You can find it at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...&DisplayLang=en

Comment

Working...
                X