Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STRCM command line without intervention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRCM command line without intervention?

First off, thanks for such a cool little FREE utility to do remote installations of VNC with. I've perfected my CMD script to do a remote install (from any machine to any machine) and have just one thing left that'd bugging me.

I launch STRCM from the command line through a script that clears and existing mapping to the server and then creates the administraive share through NET USE so that STRCM can copy the files down with the proper credentials. Unfortunately, I have to click several buttons after STRCM executes. Is there a way to automatically execute and then accept the default options and close the program?

Re: STRCM command line without intervention?

There is a free MS application that will do this..
    its called "Scriptit" I have a copy here but can't remember where I got it from..

I believe it was designed to run with winnt4 server but we've used it for all sorts of devious things :-)

Comment

What specific buttons and actions are you doing that the STRCM is not doing automatically. There might be a way to do this, but I'll have to refresh my memory.

For starters, you will have to put all of the options in the .ini file (VNCOptions), including the password. As long as you understand that putting the password in the .ini file can be a security risk, this would be the first step.

But let me know what options you are having to do. Thanks
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

I have the VNC options all configured (including the password but the RCM file only exists on a secure machine, so that's not a problem) and the installation goes flawlessly. What I want to do is be able to run the whole remote installation from the command line (which I can kick it off from) but then I must manually click on the "Execute" button when the STRCM GUI comes up, and the manually click on the "OK" button when the options screen comes up, and then click on "Exit" to close the GUI before the command line interface regains session control. Basically run it in "non-interactive" mode. Thanks for the quick reply! You guys are great.

Oh, and thank you to the other respondant. I had considered using a utility like the one you describe to simulate mouse clicks to push the buttons, but if there is an easier option through the command line I'd like to use that first.

Comment

We may be able to modify the STRCM to do this, but did you set the AutoExecute=1 option in the General Settings ? This should make it start the installation automatically. Try that out, and let us know if it works, then we can get it to automatically close.

Thanks
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Oh, hey, check that out, an AutoExecute argument. It was set to 0, I'll set it to 1 and try it out, thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X