Views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Views

How do I add columns to a view, or can I?

Re: Views

If this is a Windows Domain object, you can right-click on the Users object and choose View All User Details.

To add and remove columns from this view, go to Tools->Settings->Display and change the Display Mode to User Details to see the fields that are currently displayed, and what you can add.

If you have changed your domain type to Windows 2000 Domains, when you right-click on All Users you will see an option for Tabular Views. When you expand it you will see the various queries available.

Comment

That's cool. However I should have been more specific. What I really want to see is all of my Domain Controllers and what Service Packs are installed. I can right click on Domain Controllers and then click view, but I want to add a column for Service packs instead of having to look in the properties of each DC. Have 46 DC's and the number is climbing.

Comment

If this is a Windows 2000 domain, you can right click on the All Computers object, select Tabular Views->Computer (Detailed). This query will show the service pack information. These Active Directory queries can be modified using the Object Manager (the first toolbar button). Active Directory will store the SP level in the directory.

However, if this is a Windows NT domain, you will have to use the File->Export option to export the computer information to a text file, as the service pack information comes from the registry and that is why is not available in the GUI for NT 4.0 domains (too slow to retrieve)

Let us know if you need more help.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

It is 2000 and thanks!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X