Group Membership by User ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Membership by User ID

I have figured out that if I double-click a domain user account that I get a nice tabbed form with much information in it. The page Groups shows what global groups that user ID belongs to. I need to print that page for every domain user account we have as part of some annual "self-assessment" auditing thing that some torture freak dreamed up. This page then gets signed by the manager and is filed until the next round of tree-killing begins. Is this something Hyena can do?

Re: Group Membership by User ID

The way to do this is to use the Export Members function under File->Export->Members.

This will give you a delimited text file that can be opened with Excel. Once you get it into Excel you can sort on the Username column and see what groups each user is a member of.

If you have some Access experience you can quickly import the file into Access and use the Access Report Wizard to create a report on it.

Comment

Re: Group Membership by User ID

I hate Access, but recently I had to do some other awful thing to detect and remove several thousand Exchange orphans and it did seem to be easier in Access than Excel so maybe I'll give it a go that way.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X