Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting users in multiple groups

Hi,
    my problem: I want to delete a specific user in multiple local groups (using Hyena). Can you help me?

Regards, Lutz

Re: Deleting users in multiple groups

Are you wanting to delete a user from a particular group on many machines, or a user from many groups on the same machine?

Comment

Hi,
      I want to delete a user in many groups on one machine. If someone leaves the company I have to delete him in all the groups he was on the server I am administering.

Lutz

Comment

For this you should be able to go to the User Properties for that user, then go to the Groups tab.

Select the groups you want to remove in the Member Of window and click the Remove button.

Comment

Sorry, but if I look at the user's props I only see Global Groups. The user is defined on a PDC/BDC, and the groups I'm talking about are Local Groups on my standalone non-DC Server.

Comment

Okay, it took a minute to understand what you are doing. Unfortunately this would be one group at a time. I don't know of any way to remove this account from all of the groups at once.

You can use Exporter that is included in the Hyena directory to export group memberships on that server to help you quickly identify which groups that user is a member of, then use Hyena to remove them. It is still one at a time on the removal but you will at least be able to quickly see which groups you need to modify.

Comment

Thanks. This could be a nice feature for the next update...?

Comment

New question: How can I export Group Members of more than one group at a time? If there are all the groups in the right pane of the Hyena Window, Export only offers "Groups".

Comment

You can do this under File->Export->Members. This will create a delimited text file with all groups and their memberships.

If you want to export only the groups on that one server you can use the command line version of Exporter located in the Hyena directory.

The syntax will be:

exporter.exe .\export.ini domain computer

You can configure the ini settings in Hyena in File->Export.

Comment

Working...
                  X