Storage quotas? Lync Integration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage quotas? Lync Integration?

Hello, Currently we use version 8.6 and I am looking into purchasing a new version and I am checking out some of the new features of 11.2 but I had a few questions.

I like the ability to create the mailbox as I am creating the NTID and applying the retention policy is great but what about storage quotas? I could avoid using the EAC all together during this process if I could set the storage quota as part of the template with the retention policy. (Exchange 2013)

Also, any plans for Lync Integration? Would be great to enable the user's account for Lync in the same process.

Thanks!

We'll check to see if the mailbox create command supports setting storage quotas, but this might make the template configuration rather messy. However, I assume you know that after creating the mailbox, you can go into the Exchange properties in Hyena and set the quotas. The quotas are just AD attributes, so there isn't even Powershell involved in that process.

We don't have any plans for Lync integration, but if you have specific Powershell commands that get run now to do this, let us know what they are as we are always interested in further things to do with Exchange, but we are limited only by what can be done with Powershell and knowing what the parameters and values are.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by missioncritical View Post
      We'll check to see if the mailbox create command supports setting storage quotas, but this might make the template configuration rather messy. However, I assume you know that after creating the mailbox, you can go into the Exchange properties in Hyena and set the quotas. The quotas are just AD attributes, so there isn't even Powershell involved in that process.

We don't have any plans for Lync integration, but if you have specific Powershell commands that get run now to do this, let us know what they are as we are always interested in further things to do with Exchange, but we are limited only by what can be done with Powershell and knowing what the parameters and values are.
      I havent used the exchange intergration of Hyena too much yet so I didnt know I could set the quotas from Hyena after the fact. Would still be quicker than having to switch to EAC after but it would be awesome to remove that step alltogether.
      For Lync the powershell command would look like this
      Enable-CsUser -Identity <UserIdParameter> -RegistrarPool <Fqdn of Pool> -SipAddressType EMAILADDRESS -SipDomain <Fqdn>

This technet article explains it in more detail. - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../gg398711.aspx

Pretty straight forward command for our use anyways. Identity would just be their NTID, we only have 1 pool and in our case the sipaddresstype will always be EmailAddress

Thanks again!

Comment

We'll ask our customers in our next newsletter to see how many are also interested in Lync integration. It might something we will take a deeper look at.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Working...
        X