Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange 2013 mailbox creation not working in mixed environment (2010 and 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2013 mailbox creation not working in mixed environment (2010 and 2013)

When I try to create an Exchange mailbox in an Exchange 2013 database, it says "The Mailbox database "[redacted_database_name]" isn't on a server running Exchange 2010."

We're currently transitioning from Exchange 2010 to 2013, so we have both servers running. Most users are still on 2010, but we've started to migrate to 2013.

I know that the connection to 2013 is working, because I can open and edit the Mailbox Properties of a mailbox that's in the Exchange 2013 database from within Hyena.

Help?

Edit: Well, one of my colleagues figured it out. We just need to remove our Exchange 2010 server from the list of Exchange Server Domain Assignments. What exactly is the point of having multiple servers in that list, if it's just going to use the one at the top every time?
    Last edited by pulpitude; 09-25-2014, 12:54 PM.

If I understand the problem right (and I'm glad you figured it out !), you had two Exchange domain assignments for the same domain ?

The intent of the domain assignments is in the event you have multiple domains. What its used for is to know which Exchange server to use for a particular domain. If there are multiple servers in the list for the SAME domain, then Hyena will likely just pick one at random. We should probably just prevent this situation in the GUI.

Let me know if I'm not understanding what the original problem was. Thanks
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

You're understanding correctly, I had two Exchange domain assignments for the same domain.

Comment

Working...
      X