An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format

I am able to do mail tasks just fine in Hyena 32-bit.
    However, when trying to do mail tasks in the 64-bit version (such as mail-enabling a group, or attempting to add an exchange server in tools->settings->Exchange 2007/2010 ) I get the error:

"An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format"

Does something need to be done to enable exchange integration properly in 64-bit Hyena?

When you mention working in the 32 bit version of Hyena, and not 64, you are talking about two different systems right? When you add the Exchange server, Hyena will attempt to load it's dll using a file on your system called regasm.exe. Typically you'll have both 32 and 64 bit versions of this file on 64 bit systems, so you'll need to make sure it finds the 64 bit version first. That error makes it sound like the 32 bit version of regasm.exe is being found first. We do have an advanced setting you can use to specify the location of the correct file under Tools -> Settings -> Advanced, called RegAsmLocation. You can edit that setting and enter the full path the file on your system, which is typically found in version-specific directories under c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\.

Comment

Hmm. Ok, I've set RegAsmLocation to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727
      If I go into tools->settings->Exchange 2007/2010 and uncheck/recheck the Enable Exchange Integration box, I get this similar error:

Unable to initialize Exchange integration (SystemTools_PSI.dll). Win32 HRESULT 0x8007000B => An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Comment

In your Hyena directory find SystemTools_PSI.dll and post back the version and filesize information so we can make sure you have the 64 bit version.

Comment

Good call - I actually just renamed the SystemTools_PSI..dll and ran a repair, and I am now able to Enable Exchange2010 properly.
          Thanks!

Comment

I'm glad you got it going. Would you happen to know how the 32 bit version made it onto your system? Did you have the 32 bit version of Hyena installed originally in that same directory, or...?

Comment

yep, I used to have the 32 bit version installed way back

Comment

Working...
              X