Deploying Exchange 2010 contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deploying Exchange 2010 contacts

Hyena 9.2 F Enterprise german, Exchange 2010 SP2, Active Directory 2008 R2 DC's on level "Windows 2003":

whenever i create a new contact with Hyena no email adresses are build with our adress directive. Although the field "automatically build adresses with address directive" is marked, it is NOT within the Exchange MMC.

When I open the new contact with the Exchange MMC, I got a message like:

"To save the changes the object has to be updated to the current exchange version. After the upgrade it can be no longer managed with former exchange admin tools. Do you want to upgrade and save the object ?"

sorry for poor translation, the message is shown in german.

What client O/S are you running Hyena on ? And are you creating a contact or user object in the directory ? Also, let me know the exact menu options and steps you are taking to create the object, as that option to automatically create the email addresses appears to be part of the AD object creation wizard, and not Hyena.

Thanks
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by missioncritical View Post
      What client O/S are you running Hyena on ? And are you creating a contact or user object in the directory ? Also, let me know the exact menu options and steps you are taking to create the object, as that option to automatically create the email addresses appears to be part of the AD object creation wizard, and not Hyena.

Thanks
      My workstation is Windows 7 x64, I want to create a contact in the organization unit "contacts". I am using the context menu "New" - "Contact".

Comment

I think I know what is happening. When you create a contact in Hyena, Hyena uses the Microsoft 'wizard' to create the contact. Hyena does not actually create the contact object. Since you are seeing a checkbox to 'automatically create the mailbox for this contact', then you must be using the older Exchange 2003 or 2007 tools on your XP workstation. With Exchange 2010, Microsoft removed the Exchange functionality entirely from the AD client, including the option to automatically create a mailbox when creating a user or contact. Since you are using an older version of their tools, that is also why you get the error when you run the Exchange administrator.

Hyena currently cannot create an mail-enabled contact (only a user) in Exchange 2010. But we are working on adding that functionality right now. But in the meantime, the only way to mail-enable an Exchange 2010 contact is to use the Exchange Management Console (EMC). Even if you were using ADU&C, you would still have to go through the EMC to mail-enable anything.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

thanks for your information

Comment

Working...
          X