Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2010 - Intergration

Hello,

Would you please help me with this question? I enabled exchange 2010 intergration. entered DNS domain name. However, I got this error message when I hit the find tab:

"Connecting to the remote server failed with the following error message: The WinRM client sent a request to an http server and got a response saying the requested http URL was not available, thi sis usually returned by a http server that does not support the WS-Management protocol. For more info, see the about_remote_troubleshoot help topic"

I followed this link. However, the issue still exists.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2027062

Thanks,

Joshua_ng

Enter the DNS domain name, but also enter the name of one of your Exchange Servers, then click Find.

Comment

Hello Chuck,

Thank you very much for your info. Yes, I did not enter the exchange server name. I can find my exchange servers now.

Best regards,

Joshua_ng

Comment

Hello Chuck,

Would you please help me with this question? Exchange 2010 intergration was enabled with exchange servers. Exchange server tool was installed into local system. However, if I open user properties, I did not see exchange tab. Did I missing anything? Thanks.

Regards,

Joshua_ng

Comment

You won't see a tab, but rather you will right-click on a user and choose Exchange 2007/2010 Functions.

Comment

Thanks Chuck. I got it now.

Joshua_ng

Comment

Making progress integrating Exchange into Hyena. However, now stuck with the message "the term 'Get-ExchangeServer' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function..." when trying to find an exchange server.
              Hyena v9.2e running on Win7 pro 64-bit as a run as user.
              Any suggestions?

Comment

Are you executing the function on a client (vs. directly on the Exchange Server ?). This error means that the Exchange management tools are either not installed locally or the computer that is set to carry out the remote command does not understand the command. Powershell comes with a set of built-in commands, but not by default the Exchange-specific commands. So on your computer or the remote one, if you open a Powershell window, and try to use the Get-ExchangeServer command, you will probably get this error. Hyena v9.2 uses Remote Powershell, which means that it executes the command remotely on another computer that you have set on that domain. See if that computer (presumably the Exchange Server) knows about that command.
                Kevin Stanush
                SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Also, verify that the account you are running Hyena in is a member of the Organization Management group in the domain that the Exchange Server is in.
                  Kevin Stanush

Comment

Exchange tools are installed and I am able to manage exchange with them (using the run-as account), and connect with/to the shell on the server that is listening.

Comment

What action is causing this error ? If you go to Tools > Settings > Exchange 2007/2010, and under your Exchange Server Domain Assignments, I assume you have added your DNS domain in there, then specified an Exchange Server to be associated with it. Then, click the 'Find' button as what this will do is issue the Powershell command Get-ExchangeServers to get a list of servers. Granted, you don't need to get a list of servers if you already have to enter one for the command to work, but since we are using Remote Powershell, we have to have a server in order to get a list of servers.
                      Kevin Stanush

Comment

Hi.
                        When I right click on a user and select Exchange 2007/2010 Finctions and Mailbox Properties I'm only seeing part of the database name. In the EMC the databases on each server are listed as LOC-MSNN (LOC=three letter location; NN=a number). In Hyena, the database appears as OC-MSNN (missing the first letter). Also; is it possible for the current server holding the active database be listed (I've been looking for events relating to an issue and knowing the active server would save some time). We are in the process of migrating from Exchange 2003 to 2010 but I haven't enabled the 2003 option on the 64 bit client. The user is on an Exchange 2010 server although I'm not sure which one.

Anthony

Comment

Anthony:

When you get a chance, find one of your Exchange users and right click, select Query Active Directory > View All Directory Attributes. Sort on the "Property Name" column, and let me know the value of the homeMDB attribute. It should be something like CN=LOC-MSNN. Also, let me know if the end of the value in the 'msExchHomeServerName' is the value of the server that you are after. It should be something like:

/o=SystemTools/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (number)/cn=configuration/cn=servers/cn=SERVER

I want to know if the /cn=SERVER portion is what you are after.

If you want, you can send me the details directly to [email protected].

Also, let me know what version of Hyena you are using.

There may be a bug in the Microsoft library that we are using that causes the trimming of the leftmost portion of the database name to fail. We have changed the technique in the upcoming v11.0 release, but I want to make sure this is the issue. I would need the actual database name, so that I can create the same name on my end to try to duplication to verify the problem.

Thanks
                          Kevin Stanush

Comment

Anthony,

Hyena v10.5 'E' has a workaround for this issue and is available now on our Download Page:

http://www.systemtools.com/hyena/download.htm

Comment

Working...
                            X