Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Remote Server Administration Tools with Exchange System Manager on Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Remote Server Administration Tools with Exchange System Manager on Windows 7

I can't see the exchange details with Hyena 8.6 x64 (domain: Win2003 AD with Exchange 2003) from my win7 64bit workstation. RSAT is installed, a workaround for the Exhange 2003 System Manager, too.

When I open the snapin "AD users and computers" with "mmc /32" the details are shown.

Is there a workaround, so I can use Hyena to see exchange related things ?

Re: Using Remote Server Administration Tools with Exchange System Manager on Windows 7

The first thing to experiment with would be to go to Tools->Settings->Exchange 2000/2003 and disable it, then go to the Exchange 2007/2010 tab and enable it by checking the first box. Restart Hyena, then right-click on a user with a mailbox and choose Exchange 2007/2010 Functions->Mailbox Properties and see if you can view the properties that way.

The only other option might be to experiment with installing the 32 bit version of Hyena, then using the Exchange 2000/2003 settings tab and see if it can get to it. You can then use the 64 bit version of Hyena for other operations on this system.

Comment

Re: Using Remote Server Administration Tools with Exchange System Manager on Windows 7

hello, the first thing worked: I can see exchange details now.
      Then I installed the 32bit version and could finally see the details with "Ex2000/2003" settings.
      I think I will use 32bit until we upgrade exchange. Thank you !!!

Comment

Working...
      X