Global change of primary SMTP e-mail address to new address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global change of primary SMTP e-mail address to new address

I have been approached about changing the Primary SMTP e-mail address for everyone in my company from a [email protected] e-mail address to a [email protected] e-mail address in our Active Directory/Exchange2003 environment.

We would make this new e-mail the primary SMTP and retain the existing e-mail address as a secondary (prudent move since we don't want to cut them off from external contacts that have their existing address).

We have Hyena 7.0 Standard installed.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so that we can get this done? We would like to use the tools we have, but I don't have any VB Scripting experience. I also just started to use Hyena only a couple months ago, so I am pretty green in this area. Any suggestions would be very helpful! Thanks in advance!

Re: Global change of primary SMTP e-mail address to new address

I don't really see a way of doing this with Hyena. You can replace data in Manage Directory Attributes, but to make the change based on firstname.lastname, while keeping the existing address there and changing the primary is beyond the scope of what we can offer.

Comment

Well, what if we can stage up the data in a flat file and use a batch process to make the changes? I read this in the Exchange Tool section of the Help file: "Hyena’s Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000/2003 interfaces are to add, modify, and delete Exchange mailboxes that have associated Windows NT/Windows 2000/2003 user accounts." Doesn't this mean that we can make the type of modification I'm looking to perform?

Comment

No, these functions allow you to interactively create/modify/delete mailboxes one at a time. There's no way to import in changes from a text file.

Comment

Isnt this something that can be set via Recipient Policy ? You might need to set something like the UPN suffix on all the accounts. We do this on our AD and it works a treat..

Comment

Working...
          X