Exchange2000 settings keep disappearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Exchange2000 settings keep disappearing

v5.2B but the problem stems back to at least v4.7 when I first noticed it.

Comment

To keep me from having to test an older revision, please download revision 'C' from http://www.systemtools.com/hyena/download_frame.htm

I don't recall changing anything in this area between the 'B' and 'C' revisions, but I also can't duplicate this problem.

If you still have the problem, please post a step-by-step, mouse-by-mouse-click checklist on how to reproduce this on your system. And are you using a shared settings file ?
      Kevin Stanush
      SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

I've only just got into this area and am experiencing the same. Using 5.7 on a test AD domain.

Comment

I am using version 5.5B and the Exchange Integration checkbox does not stay checked for me either. Systemtools do you have a fix?

Comment

MSD_GUY:

The things that we have found to cause this to not stay checked are:

1. A shared settings file in use. This can be found under Tools->Settings->General.

2. Not licensed for Exchange funtionality. This can be determined by going to Tools->Settings->Licensing.

3. Not having the Exchange Administration Tools installed. If running Exchange 2000/2003, make sure you have installed the Exchange Tools on your computer.

Comment

Assuming that we are discussing the Exchange 2000/2003 setting tab, I have not found any relationship between this setting and having any tools installed or the license. As a test, I changed my license to not have Exchange support, and I don't have the Exchange 2000 tools installed on my development computer. I can enable/disable the checkbox to "Enable Exchange 2000/2003 Integration" and it always keeps it value.

The settings dialogs are not feature or license-aware; they just get/set values in the registry and not much else.

If someone does have this problem, and can reproduce it, provide your version and a step-by-step description on how to reproduce.
              Kevin Stanush

Comment

We are having the same problems, using the trial version. We are also having trouble getting the settings to save. We gave it a valid path but we cannot see the file. Are we having these problems because we are using a trial version?

Comment

I believe that we have finally found and fixed this problem in v6.0, which a beta is available by sending a blank email to [email protected].

When we release v6.0 in a few weeks, we'll also release a patch for v5.7 to fix this problem as well.

Thanks and if you do try the beta, let me know if the problem persists.
                  Kevin Stanush

Comment

It is still doing it. We tried creating some Exchange 200x templates and when we exit the settings menu and go back in, they are gone. We have also had no success in saving the settings to a network share.

Comment

Are you using Shared Settings? Keep in mind that Hyena will read from the file you've specified on the General tab when you view settings.

If you are trying to update this file, check the box to Save all of these settings into shared settings file, then enter the Exchange information the way you want and when you click OK it should update the file.

Comment

Yes,
                        We entered "//<name of server>/dept/hyena" for the remote share mask. We can get to this share using Explorer. We also called the Settings file config.ini. When we check the box to save, the config.ini file is not saving to the above location. We also have domain admin rights. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Remote share mask is a completely different option.

Enter your path in the same box as you have config.ini. Enter it as:

\\<name of server>\dept\hyena\config.ini

Comment

Working...
                          X