DAPI.DLL - Exchange Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAPI.DLL - Exchange Custom

When I select 'Exchange Custom', put in the server and a valid profile. Close Hyena and reopen I get this message...

"Unable to find DAPI.DLL for Exchange Integration........"

I have verified that this file exists, and is in all the appropriate paths, so Hyena should be able to see it. (I've also placed in the Hyena directory, my profiles, and in the system path.)

I launch Hyena with my Admin account using the runas command. Everything in Hyena works, except exchange and that error that pops up when starting. If I select to use Extensions for Exchange. ("The first Option in the Exchange GUI") I don't get the error, but I still do not have the ability to administer Exchange objects.

When I click on the license tab, it shows that we are licensed for Exchange and Terminal server.

Please advise how we can use our purchased functionality. This is happening on machines with fresh installs of Hyena, Installation of hyena while logged in as admins, and on upgrades. The ESM and Exchange tools are installed on all our machines as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken Wincel

Re: DAPI.DLL - Exchange Custom

What version of Exchange are you running?

If you are running Exchange 2000, send an email to [email protected] to get information on our beta version which includes support for Exchange 2000.

Comment

I was about to send a screenshot when one of the programmers called me. What we determined was a bug in the software. He said he didn't want to assume that everyone had Exchange 2000 installed, so didn't show the Exchange pop ups, unless you checked off the "Create Mailbox or Delete Mailbox" option in the Exch2000 GUI tab. He is revising the software to have a checkbox at the top to 'Enable Hyena for E2K integration', he will use this box to determine if you want the E2k features enabled.

Thanks for your help... (BTW - I am using 4.1 version c. The next revision should have that check box)

Comment

I'm also getting that error. I have a fresh install of Hyena 4.2c on XP Pro (freshly reformatted due to a hard drive problem). I have the Exchange Administrator tools (for 5.5 and 2000) loaded and operational. I only enabled the Exchange 5.5 tab, though, and received that exact same error. DAPI.DLL is in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 and in the path as expected.

Comment

This error can happen even if the file is found. It happens when either the file is not present, or other required .dll files are not found. Can you use the Exchange features in normal Microsoft applications, in particular Microsoft Exchange admin ? Normally, the dapi.dll is not located in system32. Its usually in the exchsvr\bin directory. There are many other .dll files that are needed for the DAPI.dll to be loaded, but unfortunately Microsoft does not document this or allow them to be redistributed.
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by kstanush:
            <span style="font-weight: bold">This error can happen even if the file is found. It happens when either the file is not present, or other required .dll files are not found.</span></div></div>Is there a list of the required .dlls?<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you use the Exchange features in normal Microsoft applications, in particular Microsoft Exchange admin ?</span></div></div>Yes. I can use Exchange Administrator 5.5 and it's fully functional.<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Normally, the dapi.dll is not located in system32. Its usually in the exchsvr\bin directory.</span></div></div>Interesting. Would using an alternate name for the installation interfere with Hyena (the default offered was C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr but I used C:\Program Files\Exchange instead - this was using the admin installation from an Exchange 2000).<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are many other .dll files that are needed for the DAPI.dll to be loaded, but unfortunately Microsoft does not document this or allow them to be redistributed.</span></div></div>[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

This is hard to troubleshoot in a discussion board. I'll have support followup with you.

- I am unclear if you are using Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000 or both.
              - I don't think that we support having both interfaces used at the same time.
              - I also don't know if you can have both installed at the same time and also interoperate correctly.

We only use the DAPI interface when working with Exchange 5.5, and Microsoft dropped support for this interface for Exchange 2000. I am not sure if it works for XP. I also don't think that Microsoft's own interface uses DAPI, yet this is the only (documented) interface that 3rd party software can interface with for Exchange 5.5. The other option is to use the "UMX" interface, which you can change to on Tools->Settings->Exchange 5.5

If you are using Exchange 2000, you would have to interface with it through our Exchange 2000 settings under Tools->Settings->Exchange 2000.

I'll have support followup with this to see what all of this is about.
              Kevin Stanush
              SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

This turned out to be that the Exchange 5.5 Administration program had not been installed from the Exchange 5.5 CD but rather the tools for 2000.

Comment

Working...
                X