Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manage custum view Organisational Units in AD

Hello Chuck,

currently i have more than 10 OUs in my domain and each of them are having another 5 Sub OUs with member servers OU, users and computers OU etc.,
    But day to day i work only with 5.

I want to create/add a container in Hyena where i can save only Computers under these 5 OUs. and another new container which holds only users under these 5 OUs.

It will help me navigate easily to all users under those 5 OUs like was for computers as well.

Could you please advice and help me if this is possible?

Hello Mohammed,

You can create an Container/OU Contents object under File > Manage Object View > Objects that will give you a shortcut to a particular OU, but there's no way to have it display only users or computers. What you can do, though, is use the OU Filtering Toolbar that appears at the bottom of Hyena when you click on one of these objects or Containers/OUs under your domain. There are icons for Show Users, Show Computers, etc that filter the results to only show the objects you want. For example when you want to only see users you can click the Show Users icon, then double-click on the OU you want. For Computers, click the Show Computers icon instead.

To see objects in sub-OUs as well, click the Traverse Containers icon before you double-click on the top level OU.

Comment

Originally posted by cmccullough View Post
      Hello Mohammed,

You can create an Container/OU Contents object under File > Manage Object View > Objects that will give you a shortcut to a particular OU, but there's no way to have it display only users or computers. What you can do, though, is use the OU Filtering Toolbar that appears at the bottom of Hyena when you click on one of these objects or Containers/OUs under your domain. There are icons for Show Users, Show Computers, etc that filter the results to only show the objects you want. For example when you want to only see users you can click the Show Users icon, then double-click on the OU you want. For Computers, click the Show Computers icon instead.

To see objects in sub-OUs as well, click the Traverse Containers icon before you double-click on the top level OU.
      Thanks so much chuck.

Comment

Working...
      X