Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Installation of Hyena 8.5

Hello;

I am trying to do silent installation of Hyena 8.5. However, the installshield mechanism is not working fine because it is asking for pending C++ 2008 eventhough it is installed. I tried multiple times but it does not work.I need something to supress asking for pending installation as it is already installed on all the intended machines

Please help me in knowing silent installation and uninstallation switch for Hyena 8.5

Re: Silent Installation of Hyena 8.5

We made a change in the latest version of v8.5, so make sure you download from our site to make sure you have it. We also believe you'll need the /q switch.

Comment

Hello;

Yes, I have the latest version only.
      /q switch is not working as it asking for pending C++ 2008. This software is already installed. Infact, even if I install C++ from the prerequisite file and install Hyena, still it asks for pending C++.

Let me know if their so someway to supress this.

Comment

Is this the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Hyena?

Comment

Apparently there are a number of issues between the redist and InstallShield that we attempt to workaround that may or may not always work as intended.

The easiest solution would be for you to create your own install package. The Hyena install only copies files to the Hyena install directory. All other configuration and such are done after you run Hyena for the first time.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

So, if I create a custom folder which does it the following, will it help:
            a) Copying the file to C:\Program files\Hyena directory
            b) Creating Start Menu Entries
            c) Registry entry for Control panel- Add/Remove Program

I also have one more question:
            a) The uninstallation is also quite different from normal InstallShield? I show the UninstallString entry available in Registry. But how to do it silently?

Comment

Hello;

Thank you for all the help.
              I was able to install and uninstall now using iss file capture.

I have one more question:
              One of our requirement is to provide license key information as part of package. Where is this information stored? Is it within some file or registry.

Note: We have Standard License for this SW.

Comment

There is a file called register_key.dat stored in the profile directory. You can copy that file to the install directory of your package, and when Hyena runs for the first time after install it should copy from that directory.

Comment

Working...
                X