WOL problem on XP 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOL problem on XP 64 bit

Recently switched to a 64 bit Windows XP system. Installed Hyena and now can't use the WOL function. If I use the virtual machine I created of my old system it works using the same WOL.dat file.

The error message is:
    Unable to open Hyena configuration file "C:\Program Files (x86)\wol.dat". Verify configuration and/or installation.

There are three marks for the quote marks, though not two.

Re: WOL problem on XP 64 bit

The error seems to indicate that the wol.dat fine can't be found. I assume its not at that location. You can set the location under Tools->Settings->WOL.
    Kevin Stanush
    SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Kevin, that's the problem, the file is in that location.

Actually I messed the path up it is in a directory called Hyena under the previous path.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Hyena\wol.dat

Comment

I can't duplicate this problem on an x64-based system, but you mention something about quote marks. Don't use them. There might be an incompatibility with Windows also have parenthesis in the file name, although Windows put them there. I was unable to create this directory using md on an x86-based system for example. But when you configure the wol file, you can use the edit button on the dialog to create the file and it looks in the same place as Hyena does when it attempts to use the file. So using the Edit button is a good place to start trying to get rid of the error.

Also, make sure Notepad is not saving the file in Unicode format as that might cause other problems.
        Kevin Stanush
        SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

It was the quote marks that did it. It handled the (x86) just fine, which I have seen as a problem in other programs and that's why I had the quotes.

Man, you guys are good. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X