Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scriptomatic

Hi all,

First of all, thanks to everyone who has contributed tools, I've found many really useful.

Just thought I would pass on something that I have come across that could be really useful for those who want to have a go at scripting. This can be used to make tools in Hyena.

Microsoft have released a utility called Scriptomatic that automatically writes WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) scripts.

It can be downloaded here http://tinyurl.com/fk6q

It's really easy to use, even if you haven't done much scripting before - like me!

I won't say too much about it - have ago and you'll soon see just how much info it can produce.

Once you have found some things you want Hyena top report on, you'll want to create a tool to run the script after you select a computer in Hyena.

Below you will find a sample that will get you working. Like I said, I'm new to scripting too and I borrowed part of the script from elsewhere. As a result there may be a few lines that are redundant - but it does work without errors. If you can improve on it then post it back!

I have listed two tools that do the same job, but output differently. The first one outputs to a dos windows and the second one will output to a windows dialog box. Just to show that there are two ways of doing things.

This one outputs to a dos window:

Menu Caption= Cmd Lookup video mode properties
    Command line= cmd /c cls & cscript.exe "\\server\share\display.vbs" //I //NoLogo %E% & pause

This one outputs to a windows dialog box:

Menu Caption= Win lookup video mode
    Command line= wscript.exe "\\server\share\display.vbs" //I //NoLogo %E%

*Change the \\server\share to the location where you will save the file display.vbs

Copy the text below into a file called Display.vbs

' start of script
    ' get the arguments
    Dim objArgs : Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments ' create object with collection

' determine if an argument was passed
    If objArgs.Count >= 1 Then
    strComputer = objArgs(0) 'assign the passed computer name to a variable
    Else ' prompt for a computer, or the current domain
    strComputer = InputBox("Enter the name of the computer where you wish to change to local admin account." & _
    vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Blank out this name and click ""OK"" to do the entire <" & strDomain & "> domain.","Enter computer name",WshNetwork.ComputerName)
    If strComputer = "" Then
    ' ensure the user wants to apply this to the entire domain
    strResponse = MsgBox ("I'm sorry, but I need clarification." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    "If you wish to scan the <" & strDomain & "> domain, click 'Yes'" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    "If you wish to quit this scan/script, click 'No'", vbYesNo + vbExclamation + vbDefaultButton2, "Please confirm...")
    ' ensures the user wanted to quit
    If strResponse = vbNo Then
    WScript.Quit
    End If
    End If
    End If

On Error Resume Next

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
    Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_DisplayControllerConfiguration",,48)
    For Each objItem in colItems
    Wscript.Echo "VideoMode: " & objItem.VideoMode
    Next
    'end of script

Hope you find this useful.

Re: Scriptomatic

We use a standard desktop wallpaper that displays a computer misuse act notice. Some users change the wallpaper. Here is a tool to check what wallpapers are being used for each account on the selected pc.

Menu:
    Desktop Wallpaper

Command line:
    cmd /c cls & cscript.exe "\\server\share\desktop.vbs" //I //NoLogo %E% & pause

Paste the code below into notepad and save it as a file called desktop.vbs in the location specified in the command line above:

' get the arguments
    Dim objArgs : Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments ' create object with collection

' determine if an argument was passed
    If objArgs.Count >= 1 Then
    strComputer = objArgs(0) 'assign the passed computer name to a variable
    Else ' prompt for a computer, or the current domain
    strComputer = InputBox("Enter the name of the computer where you wish to change to local admin account." & _
    vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Blank out this name and click ""OK"" to do the entire <" & strDomain & "> domain.","Enter computer name",WshNetwork.ComputerName)
    If strComputer = "" Then
    ' ensure the user wants to apply this to the entire domain
    strResponse = MsgBox ("I'm sorry, but I need clarification." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    "If you wish to scan the <" & strDomain & "> domain, click 'Yes'" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
    "If you wish to quit this scan/script, click 'No'", vbYesNo + vbExclamation + vbDefaultButton2, "Please confirm...")
    ' ensures the user wanted to quit
    If strResponse = vbNo Then
    WScript.Quit
    End If
    End If
    End If

On Error Resume Next

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Desktop",,48)
    For Each objItem in colItems
    Wscript.Echo strcomputer & " " & objItem.Wallpaper
    Next

Comment

Working...
    X