Network settings not showing correctly for Broadcom NIC teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network settings not showing correctly for Broadcom NIC teams

For most of our physical Dell servers we team 2 of the onboard NICs. The team has a hard-coded IP address. But Hyena 10.0.C is showing both NICs as having a DHCP address (usually all zeroes). Is there any way to have it see the team with the correct IP?

Hyena_Screen.JPG

I hope that's readable. When I selected 'Large' it was huge.

Thanks for any help,
    Doug
    Attached Files

That information comes from the registry on the remote computer, and unfortunately some card manufacturers don't store information in the standard locations. What you can try, though, is the WMI -> Network Adapter Configuration query. Select a few computers, then right-click and choose WMI -> Execute Query -> Network Adapter Configuration to see if that gives you better information.

Comment

Chuck,

Yes, that works. It shows up, along with a lot of others, as 'BASP Virtual Adapter'. Not quite as pretty, but all of the data is there.
      It would be great if that virtual adapter would show up on the main network screen in the list of NICs. (Hint, hint!) :-)

Thanks,
      Doug

Comment

That would be one for Development to kick around, but one nice thing about the WMI option is you can select multiple computers and see that networking information for a bunch of computers at once. The other method is one at a time, so just depends on what you're trying to do at the time I guess.

Comment

Working...
        X