Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 - 64-bit - Error - Synchronize Entire Domain - Replication Errors

Hi,

I'm running version 9 Rev D. Whenever I attempt to synchronize a domain in Hyena I get replication errors - "The RPC server is unavailable - ERROR_CONTACTING_SERVER". This was never an issue until I applied the latest Hyena update.

Also I have the same domains configured on a 32-bit version running on XP and I have no issues doing a domain synch.

Thanks,
    Bill

Go to File->Manage Object View->Objects, click on one of these domains and let us know what you see at the bottom for:

Type
    ADSI Path
    ADSI Server

You can change the domain name and server names for security, but let us see how you have them entered.

Comment

ADSI Path - LDAP://domain1.com
      ADSI Server - dc1.domain1.com

These weren't newly created. They were working before I applied the latest Hyena revision.

Originally posted by cmccullough View Post
      Go to File->Manage Object View->Objects, click on one of these domains and let us know what you see at the bottom for:

Type
      ADSI Path
      ADSI Server

You can change the domain name and server names for security, but let us see how you have them entered.

Comment

I don't believe we've made any changes in this area of Hyena in a long time, so let's run with the assumption something has changed on the network. RPC errors are typically communication issues, so it seems like there might be an issue communicating with a controller. The first thing to test would be to edit that again and remove the ADSI Server entry that you have. Click Update and then OK to close Object Manager. Try to synchronize the domain again and let us know if you get the same error.

Comment

Working...
        X