windows 7, Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 7, Pro

Hynea does not see the browser service when running under win7/xp-mode, so it does not display netbios information,says the browser service is not running, but it is running in both win7 and xp virtual machine.

Re: windows 7, Pro

Give us more details on this. What functions are you using and what exact error messages are you getting.

Comment

When I try to display the computers under the enterprise tab, or under computers tab or server tab, I get, unable to list computers, this function requires the browser service, the list of servers is not avalible,
      the broswer service is running,and firewall is turned off, both win7 and xp

Comment

I'm not having any luck duplicating this, so send screenshots of what's going on to [email protected] along with what version of Hyena you are running.

Comment

The first part of this error message (...this function requires the browser server) comes from Hyena. We don't know what caused the error, but assume that its browser related so we put that into the error message to remind users that the browser service is involved.

The last part of the error message comes from Windows and hopefully can narrow down the problem. While the browser service may be running on the local computer, the error indicates that the service can't find a list of computers, which comes from the master browser.
          Kevin Stanush
          SystemTools Software Inc.

Comment

Have the same problem. Was a slolution ever determined? Domain is a windows domain

Originally posted by kstanush View Post
            The first part of this error message (...this function requires the browser server) comes from Hyena. We don't know what caused the error, but assume that its browser related so we put that into the error message to remind users that the browser service is involved.

The last part of the error message comes from Windows and hopefully can narrow down the problem. While the browser service may be running on the local computer, the error indicates that the service can't find a list of computers, which comes from the master browser.
            Was a solution ever determined for this problem?

Comment

I assume you are getting the error from the Servers folder? Do the other objects such as All Users, etc work? For the Servers folder we have information in our FAQ:

http://www.systemtools.com/faq.htm#4

Comment

I too am having this problem, if I go to the servers tab it tells me I can not because the browser service is not started. It is started... I can see everything else in all other tabs... I would judt like my server tab back so i do not have to search through all the other workstations and what not... help!
                \

Comment

The FAQ in my last post explains this and gives some alternatives to viewing servers. The problem is your browse list doesn't have any servers for some reason. If you can find the browsing issue this will resolve itself, otherwise one of the alternative methods might work for your situation.

Comment

Working...
                  X